Job Listing – Children’s Coordinator
- Follower of Jesus
- Call on your life for ministering to children
- Connect well with children, parents, and leaders
- Cultivate a staff team environment
- Support and Strengthen the mission and vision of the church
- At least 3 years children’s ministry experience
The Children’s Coordinator must have a call on his/her life from God for ministering to children. He/she must be able to connect well with children, parents, and leaders. He/she must be able to work well with a staff team environment and be able to lead a ministry that will work to support and strengthen the mission and vision of the church.
The Children’s Coordinator position cultivates relationships and seeks to build a solid discipleship-based program to meet the developing spiritual needs of children, parents, and leaders. A function of this coordinator position is to support both elementary and preschool areas in development coordination of a balanced programs for children that include partnering with parents, curriculum implementation, spiritual formation for the appropriate ages within the ministry, and opportunities to serve each other and serve those in the community. The coordinator will have a firm understanding of, and will be in alignment with, the TCAL mission/vision statement, core values, and church leadership. The Coordinator will work closely with the Children’s Minister and leadership team as a source of ideas, advice, support, and implementation.
Responsibilities – Expectations – Duties
- Assist Children’s Minister in aligning/understanding the Annual Ministry Plan and it’s goals then implementing/executing/reporting of those goals for your specific area of oversight.
- Recruit, equip and maintain a strong volunteer leadership team for your area of oversight, and work through them to carry out the functions of the specific ministry.
- Assist the Children’s Minister in leading/ training/ caring for the team leads for each classroom.
- Help develop a team to train new volunteers for weekly Children’s Ministry.
- Research and implement elementary and preschool curriculum. Oversight of inventory, materials, and supplies.
- Facilitate and execute “partnering with parents” initiatives alongside Children’s Minister to help support parents; weekly communication, special events, baptism conversations, parent resourcing ideas, follow up calls from weekend, etc.
- Take lead on Children’s special events as planned in Annual Ministry Plan throughout the year as needed. (Seasonal)
If this role sounds like you, then click “apply”, complete our application, and attach your resume. We can’t wait to meet you!